Please follow these instructions for care and use of your new Night Guard.
- Clean daily with soap and water.
- Do not soak in mouthwash or other chemicals.
- Do not place your night guard in direct sunlight.
- Rinse your night guard before and after use and store dry.
- Keep your night guard out of reach from pets and children, especially dogs.
- Never wear a nighttime appliance while eating. Doing so may be painful and possibly traumatic to the opposing teeth.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach. Sleeping on your stomach forces your head to be turned to the side, which may cause significant muscular strain.
- Discontinue all gum chewing if you have existing jaw pain.
Nighttime appliance use should be discontinued and adjusted by your doctor:
***Only wearing your night guard nightly will ensure that it protects your teeth from damage.
Talk to your dentist at WCDD today if your grinding is associated with snoring. You could be suffering from sleep apnea!